A TOTALLY NEW TWIN EXPERIENCE! – NOW INCLUDES UPDATED DESIGN PROP ADAPTERS AND SPINNERS!
The E-flite® EC-1500 Twin is a groundbreaking design that offers a unique flight experience for a wide range of pilots. This twin/multi-motor model carries echoes of full-scale civil and military cargo transport aircraft, but it has an incredible range of capabilities and options that no other RC airplane can match. Featuring 3S and 4S compatible power systems with custom 5-blade counter-rotating props, the EC-1500's flight envelope encompasses everything from slow and scale-like, to sport flying and even aggressive 3D aerobatic capabilities! You can fly from paved, grass and dirt surfaces; from snow with the included optional-use skis; or from water using the optional float set (sold separately). It also includes factory-installed LED lights, a functional cargo door, plus decals to customize the finish with Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and other markings.
- Now Includes Updated Design Prop Adapters and Spinners for Easier and More Secure Propeller Installation
- Unique and ground-breaking design capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying AND aggressive 3D aerobatics
- Can be flown from paved, grass and dirt surfaces, or from snow with the included optional-use skis
- Fly from water using the optional float set and mounting hardware (sold separately)
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible power systems with custom 5-blade counter-rotating props
- Easily fits 3S or 4S 3200–6400mAh batteries in the extremely large battery compartment
- Plenty of power to hover and for unlimited vertical performance when using 4S batteries
- Selectable-size flaps can travel both ways for multiple wing configuration and mixing options
- Operational, servo-controlled cargo door with 2.5 x 4.2 inch (65 x 107 mm) opening and almost 140 cubic inches of cargo bay volume (2.5 x 4.2 x 12.7 inches / 65 x 107 x 323 mm).
- Eight factory-installed servos, including metal-geared servos on all surfaces and the functional cargo door
- Steerable nose wheel and a separate switching BEC for reliable control system performance
- Precise ball-link equipped linkages plus pocket or CA hinges on all control surfaces
- Factory-installed Spektrum™ 6-channel 2.4GHz receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and simulated strobe lights
- Magnetically secured nose cone can be removed for easy installation of GoPro® * and similar HD action cameras (cameras sold separately)
- Separate FPV camera mounting position on top of the extremely large, magnetically secured top hatch (FPV camera/gear sold separately)
- Surface details including panel lines, hatches and more, plus a factory-applied scale-inspired trim scheme
- Included decal sheet with Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and other markings
- No tools required for field assembly – hands-free connections and thumbscrews to secure the wings
- Almost fully factory-assembled for extremely fast and easy final assembly without glue
- Very large, yet lightweight and extremely durable, composite-reinforced EPO airframe
*Designed for use with GOPRO® products. GOPRO® is a registered trademark of Woodman Labs, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
THE MOST CAPABLE AND VERSATILE TWIN EVER!
The E-flite® EC-1500 Twin features an all-new, ground-up design optimized for capability, versatility and FUN to deliver a flying experience you simply can't get with any other airplane! It's effectively many airplanes in one, with a wide flight envelope that includes slow and scale-like, to sport flying and even aggressive 3D aerobatic capability.
The twin power systems feature brushless outrunner motors, robust ESCs, and custom five-blade counter-rotating propellers. This setup delivers excellent performance with a 3S 3200–6400mAh LiPo battery, or you can install a 4S battery for the power to hover and unlimited vertical capability — without modifications or upgrades! There are eight factory-installed servos, including one to operate the functional cargo door so you can carry and drop creative payloads from the large cargo bay. Realistic looking LED landing, navigation and simulated strobe lights are powered from the flight battery so you can fly from dawn until dusk — from paved, grass, or dirt surfaces; off snow using the included skis; or from large ponds or lakes using optional floats (sold separately).
Remove the magnetically secured nose cone to install a GoPro® or similar camera for recording aerial HD footage, or mount a separate FPV camera on the large top hatch (cameras and camera gear sold separately). Plus you can use the included decals to customize the scale-inspired trim scheme with Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and other markings to personalize your model.
- Full-range 6-7+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 3200–6400mAh 3S or 4S 11.1–14.8V LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) E-flite® EC-1500 Twin with:
- (2) 650Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (2) 40A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (7) 9-gram Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) 9-gram Servo (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Uniquely Capable and Versatile
The EC-1500's unique, ground-breaking design makes it capable of slow and scale-like flying, sport flying, and even aggressive 3D aerobatics — all in the same flight! And with numerous landing gear, cargo carrying, camera mounting and other options to choose from, it's incredibly versatile, too.
Wing Configuration Options
The functional flaps can travel both ways, and you can choose how large the flaps and ailerons are by installing the included joiners in one of two different ways. Because each surface is controlled by a separate servo, multiple wing configuration and mixing options are available (depending on the number of channels of the receiver and transmitter you use) including full-span ailerons that can deliver substantially increased roll authority and rates.
3S and 4S Compatible
The factory-installed power systems feature high-power brushless outrunner motors, robust ESCs and custom five-blade counter-rotating propellers that combine with a 3S 3200–6400mAh LiPo battery to deliver excellent power and performance. Or you can install a 4S battery for plenty of power to hover and for unlimited vertical capability without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Functional Cargo Door
The operational, servo-controlled cargo door has a 2.5 x 4.2 inch (65 x 107 mm) opening and almost 140 cubic inches of cargo bay volume (cargo bay is 2.5 x 4.2 x 12.7 inches / 65 x 107 x 323 mm). It can be used to carry and airdrop everything from parachute men to candy and other creative payloads.
There are eight factory-installed servos total, including metal-geared servos on all of the control surfaces and the functional cargo door. There are also ball-link equipped linkages plus pocket or CA hinges on the control surfaces for precise control and long-lasting durability. The steerable nose wheel has its own servo, and a separate switching BEC provides consistent and reliable control system performance.
Realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and simulated strobe lights are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
Versatile Gear Options
The EC-1500 can be flown from paved, grass and dirt surfaces, or from snow with the included optional-use skis. You can also install the optional float set (EFLA550; sold separately) and mounting hardware (EFL5771; also sold separately) to fly from large ponds and lakes.
No glue is required for final assembly, and you can have the EC-1500 ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The two-piece wing with an innovative hands-free connection system can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport using the thumbscrews, so no tools are required for field assembly/disassembly.
Large, Lightweight and Durable
Don't be deceived by the 60" (1.5m) wingspan — because of its wing chord and area, plus the large diameter fuselage and tail surfaces, the EC-1500 is bigger than it may seem. However, it's still lightweight and extremely durable, thanks to the composite-reinforced EPO airframe.
Customizable Trim Scheme
The included decal sheet allows you to customize the finish with Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and other markings to personalize your model.
HD and FPV Camera Options
The magnetically secured nose cone can be removed for easy installation of GoPro® and similar action cameras to record High Definition footage while you fly (cameras sold separately). You can also install a separate First-Person View (FPV) camera in the mounting position on top of the extremely large, magnetically secured top hatch (FPV camera/gear sold separately).
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3–aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
- Approximate Assembly Time
- Less than 1 Hour
- CG (Center of Gravity)
- 2.5 - 2.9" (65 - 75mm) back from the leading edge of the wing measured at the fuselage
- Sold separately
- Completion Level
- Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Control Throw - High (Ailerons)
- 1.2" (30mm)
- Control Throw - High (Elevator)
- 0.98" (25mm)
- Control Throw - High (Rudder)
- 1.6" (40mm)
- Control Throw - Low (Ailerons)
- 0.79" (20mm)
- Control Throw - Low (Elevator)
- 0.79" (20mm)
- Control Throw - Low (Rudder)
- 0.98" (25mm)
- Control Throw (Flaps)
- Half 0.59" (15mm), Full 1.4" (35mm)
- Selectable size
- Flying Weight
- 2001-25000g, 89.8 - 98.7oz (2545 - 2800g)
- Landing Gear
- Prebent wire, tricycle configuration
- 46.9" (1190mm)
- Minimum Required Radio
- Motor Size
- 15 brushless outrunner, 650Kv
- Propeller Size
- 10 x 8E
- Recommended Motor Battery
- 3200 - 4000mAh 3S or 4S
- Seven 9g metal gear, one 9g
- Speed Control
- AS3X, SAFE Select
- Wheel Width
- Main Wheels 0.73" (18.5mm)
- Wing Area
- 562.1 sq in (36.3 sq dm)
- 60.1" (1524mm)